2.11.2011

SUCCULENTS IN FLORAL DESIGN

I recently booked a bride who wants her bouquet and most of her flowers to be comprised of succulents. I am so excited! I love working with succulents, and the best part of a succulent bouquet is that after the wedding almost everything in the bouquet can be easily rooted in a rock garden. Imagine having bits and pieces of your bouquet flourishing in your garden for years to come. The piece on the left was something I did a few years ago, just for fun, just for myself, but I  had to post it as it will be my inspiration for the bridal pieces.

The large "blossom, front and center, is Eucheveria. You may know it by it's more common name -- "chicks and hens." It comes in beautiful tones, from deep evergreen to silver blue to a deep chocolate-burgundy. When I was in northern California last year I saw the darker ones growing all along the coast and honestly, some of them were a foot in diameter!

Can't wait to post wedding pics!

No comments: